Wednesday, February 10, 2010

turning back


Rebel


I deny,
that image you see,
half formed
between parallel lines
in me,

Am turning back,
to grow into a girl
from drops of
woman again.


Mother,

I have my own sins to count,
like plastics it won't decay,
and never change a house
to home again.

Am turning back
to become a child
from seeds of a
girl again.


To get hold of spiders

and become a spider-man,
run after bells and creams
searching for Aladdin's lamp,
eat jamuns on the streets,
And when scared
run back to your arms

will you hold me then?


I deny
to grow anymore
am turning back
again.

2 comments:

  1. nice poem but i have a query...
    the lady of the poem wants her innocence back alright but the lines spiderman, aladin makes me think she has a crisis with her identity as a girl. maybe she is more inclined towards a gender reversal disapproving of her feminism !
    plz enlighten me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah. it doesn't. it in facts remembers how playful she was when she was a kid, her gone old days where she used to enjoy every moment. that's it. and thank you.

    ReplyDelete